Thursday, 18 July 2013

Cooking and baking with vintage Pyrex

We've all heard those horrific stories of people using one of their gorgeous vintage Pyrex pieces to bake dinner in, then seeing the aftermath... a shattered mess in the oven.

Just recently, someone in one of the Facebook Pyrex groups posted a picture of a shattered pink daisy casserole that just broke my heart. I think that one forever scarred me from using mine, or at least made me REALLY reconsider ever doing so.

How many of you use your Pyrex for your day to day cooking? Good experiences or bad experiences? I've been thinking about it more and more lately. It just seems to me like a casserole would taste just that much better if it was made in my pink gooseberry :)


Have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. I have yet to use my casseroles but use the baking dishes all the time now!!

    I have used the casseroles to serve in though...just the crappy ones to actually bake in ;)

    ReplyDelete